To the question of the introduction of a rating system of evaluation of student performance in the study of special subjects
YU. N. Stroganov
In many high schools of the Russian Federation an experiment to introduce a rating system of evaluation of student performance is realized. Currently point-rating system performance is used by more than 200 universities in Russia, with some of them for over 20 years. One of the most important tasks of point-rating system is to stimulate regular work of the students during the semester and the entire period of study at the university.
The second objective is to develop equitable mechanisms of formation of an objective assessment of students' knowledge of their total accumulated points during the semester. The third objective is to create value of rating for ranking students by grade, determining the best and the worst of them.
It is advisable to use a centralized computer record system of ranking students within the university or faculty, which gives for a dean, a professor and a student an opportunity of constant monitoring of rating. For the sake of uniform objective approach to the assessment of academic work and determination of the final ranking of students from different disciplines scale matching points from point-rating system to fivepoint scoring system should be unified at the university, the faculty, the department.
- Badarch D., Sazonov B. A. Aktualnye voprosy internatsionalnoy garmonizatsii obrazovatelnyh sistem. M. : Byuro YUNESKO v Moskve, 2007.
- Modul «Ballno-reytingovaya sistema (BRS)» UrFU imeni pervogo Prezidenta Rossii B. N. Eltsina. Rukovodstvo polzovatelya.
- Perevozchikova E. N. Reytingovaya sistema otsenki podgotovki bakalavrov // Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii. 2012. # 6. S. 40–47.
- Prikaz Minobrazovaniya Rossii ot 11.07.2002 g. # 2654 «O provedenii eksperimenta po vvedeniyu reytingovoy sistemy otsenki uspevaemosti studentov vuzov».
- Sazonov B. A. Ballno-reytingovye sistemy otsenivaniya znaniy i obespechenie kachestva uchebnogo protsessa // Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii. 2012. # 6. S. 28–40.
Read PDF Back to contents